Finding the best Networking professional takes more than just an assessment of technical qualifications. The interpersonal skills, initiative, experience and certifications for example are important factors in determining job fit. Depending on the job you’re interviewing for you will be asked about the skills, experience, certifications, competencies, processes, systems and tools you have that are a match for the job requirements.
To help you on your way for your next interview we created a list with questions that could be asked during an interview.
- Why do you want this job?
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What are your technical certifications?
- What do you do to maintain your technical certifications?
- How would you rate your key competencies for this job?
- Tell me about the most recent project you worked on. What were your responsibilities?
- What types of network do you have experience with?
- What can you tell me about the OSI reference Model?
- What are the benefits of subnetting?
- How does the networking team interact with other areas of IT?
- What are your salary requirements?
At the end of an interview you always get the opportunity to ask questions. Always have a few questions ready to ask!
Want to know some good network questions to ask the hiring manager? Click here